The students of 4A are very excited to be back at school for Term 2 and have enjoyed catching up on each other’s holiday stories.
This week we are focussing on:
- Reading – inferential comprehension
- Writing – learning how to construct a good fictional narrative story
- Maths – mental strategies to solve division problems.
We are also starting to play chess and working on our persistence skills with a variety of tasks – such as Target word challenges, mental maths quizzes and Sudokus.
We have a lot to look forward to during our busy eleven week term, including:
- A new history-based inquiry topic
- Fictional narratives and information reports in writing
- Focussing on important reading strategies, including inferring, evaluating, reorganising text and questioning
- Improving our mathematical knowledge in division, fractions, decimals, money and more
- An exciting excursion to Melbourne
- The district Cross Country for selected students
- Student/Parent/Teacher interviews at the end of the term.
What did you enjoy about your holidays?
What are you looking forward to in Term Two?
Have you set yourself a learning goal for the term?