Miss Curtain's Blog

4A Barwon Heads Primary School.

Premier’s Reading Challenge

| 3 Comments

Last week in library we started the Premier’s Reading Challenge. The Premier of Victoria, Daniel Andrews, has challenged every student in Victoria to read a set number of books. Grade four students need to read 15 books before the 9th September 2016. 10 of these books need to be from the ‘challenge list’ and 5 of them can be ‘free choice’.

There is an extensive range of books that students can choose from and the list is updated regularly by an expert panel.

A copy of the book lists can be found at:

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/events/prc/Pages/booklist.aspx

Miss Browne reminded us about the importance of choosing ‘good fit’ books and that we read to read a variety of genres and authors.

Did you know that since the challenge began in 2005, over two million students have read an incredible 38 million books?

Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 1.19.11 pm

Can you recommend any Premier’s Reading Challenge books for other students to read?

What new books have you discovered by participating in the Premier’s Reading Challenge?

What are your favourite books and authors?

1. Dear Miss Curtain,
    I would recommend for the students to read lemony Sniket a sires of unfortunate events there is 13 books in the sires. I liked them and I think a lot of the students would like them as well. You can get them in the library at school.
    From Angus

2. Dear Miss Curtain
    The premiers reading challenge is a lot of fun.although I think I haven’t been keeping up to date. : )

3. Hi miss curtain
    Our class is doing the premiers reading challenge I have put a lot of the books I love tell your class for me that they have good luck from Leni who is from 3/4C