Miss Curtain's Blog

4A Barwon Heads Primary School.

The Resilience Project

| 3 Comments

On Friday, Martin Heppell from The Resilience Project visited our school to talk to us about positive mental health.

www.theresilienceproject.com.au

The Resilience Project believes that resilience and happiness are based on the three pillars of gratitude, empathy and mindfulness. The research that supports their work suggests that we can improve our positive emotions by practising gratitude and performing acts of kindness. When we express gratitude on a regular basis we tend to be happier and more resilient. Performing small acts of kindness for others can also make us feel good and create positive emotion.

Martin also spoke about three things that are readily available that can help to “flip” our mood if we are feeling down and that is music, exercise and laughter.

Below is a link to one of the clips that we watched about kindness:

What important messages stood out to you from Martin’s presentation? 

What small acts of kindness have been done for you or have you done for others? 

What are you grateful for? 

1. Hi Miss Curtain,
    What stood out for me in Martin’s presentation was Jeremy’s story. I think it’s amazing that even though Jeremy has a disability and can’t do much he looks at the things he can do (gratitude).
    Marnie.

2. Dear miss curtain
    I am very grateful to have a teacher like you. The guy in this video is very generous. I know is quality is awesome and something you need in life.

I’m definitely being more grateful.

3. Hi 4A,
    I think that the resilience project is a fantastic idea. This video made me want to help change the world more and give in even though I won’t get any thing back it’s helping others. I love the thought of the gratitude journals to make sure that everybody is grateful for something. In total i love the ideas.
    From Bella 4A