Miss Curtain's Blog

4A Barwon Heads Primary School.

Gratitude Journals

| 5 Comments

gratitude-piglet

Last week we started Gratitude Journals. A Gratitude Journal includes things that we are grateful for and helps us to focus on the positives in our lives.

Gratitude helps us to see what is there instead of what isn’t. As part of our Positive Education program we are focusing on gratitude and all the positive effects of being grateful. Experts say that you can “rewire” your brain to be happy by simply recalling 3 things you’re grateful for every day for 21 days.

The benefits of practicing gratitude are nearly endless. People who regularly practice gratitude by taking time to notice and reflect upon the things they’re thankful for experience more positive emotions. simply keeping a gratitude journal—regularly writing brief reflections on moments for which we’re thankful—can significantly increase well-being and life satisfaction.

We look forward to sharing some entries from our Gratitude Journals!

gratitude

gratitudeappreciation

1. To 4a,
    The growth mindset tasks are so much fun! I love watching the growth mindset videos. Remember never give up!
    From Sam 4a.

2. To 4A I loved doing the growth mindset activities.
    They were fantastic and so were the growth mindset videos.
    Remember growth mindset not fixed mindset.

3. Dear Miss Curtain,
    Your gratitude journals post was out-standing I am very impressed. I love the idea of graditude journals how did you come up with it? In conclusion it was a very interesting post.

Angus,

4. Hi 4A,
    I love the idea of gratitude journals, they make you think of everything you are grateful for.
    Doing this always makes me feel lucky and happy, when I am writing it, or reading it back over. Doing gratitude journals has made me think more gratefully and happier about everything.
    From Alex 4A

5. Hi miss curtain
    I think that it’s a great idea to have a gratitude gernel because you can always look back at them and think about those people how don’t have what author people have. I also liked how Martin Heppell came in and talk to us about those people, Evan though the might not be rich or the have something wrong with them they are still so so happy.
    From Sophie